Tuesday 4 October 2011

Lee Evans - Roadrunner UK Tour 2011

When: Saturday 1st October 2011.
Where: O2 Arena.
Rating: *****

Thanks to one of my friends mates dropping out, I had the opportunity to see Lee Evans LIVE last Saturday night.

I'll admit, I am not the world's biggest Lee Evans fan, and had only previously seen parts of his shows briefly on DVD. But I had high hopes, knowing he is pretty high up on the comedic hierarchy.

I can honestly say - excuse the pun - my sides were splitting. He is so natural at what he does that you can imagine sitting in a pub with him, having a few drinks and a laugh, when really you're in the O2 with around 20,000 other people!

Not only that, but he really puts 110% into it making him fascinating to watch, (despite the odd strange facial expression and buckets of sweat he produces).

 If you're a Lee Evans fan you shall not be disappointed, and if you're a pretty new fan (much like myself), it is a great way to see Lee Evans at his best - sweat patches and all!

Tickets are still available but limited - so get in there quickly!

I also know his gig yesterday had to be cancelled due to a burst water main at the O2, which has since been reconnected, meaning the performance had to be rescheduled to Monday 10th October. Something to also take into consideration if you are thinking of booking tickets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment